An utterly cloud-based system with stand-alone applications for sales, comprehensive product suite, and customer services used by more than 150,000 companies is called “Salesforce””. It is the most prestigious Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that is used by small and large businesses, who want a secure and simple way to:
- Store their customer’scustomer’s data
- Generate more leads
- Sales opportunities
- Oversee marketing campaigns
- Interact with customers throughout all stages of their business journey
Here are top 5 Salesforce interview questions and answers that will surely help you get the networking industry’s best job.
Q#01: How would you explain cloud computing and sandbox?
Answer: Instead of a local server or a PC, using a remote server network to store, manage, and process data, on the internet is termed as cloud computing. It provides the following services:
- Software As A Service (SAAS)
- Platform As A Service (PAAS)
- Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS)
Sandbox is a copy of a production organization created in a separate environment for testing, developing, and training without compromising the quality of data and application in the production organization.
Q#02: what are the benefits of Salesforce CRM?
Answer: Some of the Salesforce CRM are:
- Cost reduction & improved customer satisfaction
- Fast and better sales opportunity
- Efficiency improvement & enhanced communication
- Deployment of an analytical approach to customer acquisition
- Automation of less important and repetitive tasks
Q#03: Define Workflows in Salesforce &actions in a workflow.
Answer: A business logic engine or a container that automates certain actions depending on particular criteria. Meeting on the standards means the execution of action while if it is not the action will not be executed, but data will be stored.
There are two types of actions in the Workflow in Salesforce:
- An immediate action that is executed on the creation or editing the record
- Time-dependent action is executed after a certain duration of time to reevaluate the record to ensure the fulfilment of rule criteria.
Q#04 Explain Self-Relationship?
Answer: It is a kind of lookup relationship to the same object. It is a way to link an object with itself or link an object with the custom object or another standard.
Q#05: What is the difference between Salesforce.com & Force.com?
Answer: Salesforce.com is Software-As-A-Service (SAAS), and Force.com is Platform-As-A-Service.