SEO is search engine optimization. It is certain that this definition has not clarified anything for you, so we are going to explain this term a little more so that you know what this is all about. The purpose of hiring SEO services is to increase the quality and quantity of traffic that is gained through the organic results of search engines, that is, unpaid traffic that reaches our website.
- To increase the quality of traffic we need visitors who arrive at our website are interested in what we offer. For example, it is useless to appear in the first position when a person looks for oranges if our company only sells melons.
- To increase the amount of traffic it is important to appear in the first search results, but remember that the important thing is to attract more quantity of quality traffic.
But in addition to SEO positioning also come into play two factors that are very important for our company to appear in the first search results: authority and relevance.
- The authority, which is related to the popularity of a page: the more valuable its content and the more that content is shared, the more useful the page is.
- The relevance is the relationship of the content of a page with the term searched, as in the example. It is important to know that at this point it is not enough to include hundreds of times the term we want to position, in fact, it can be counterproductive to the authority of the page, but that the relevance is linked to the optimization of our keywords, the loading speed, user experience, etc.
What advantages does SEO positioning have?
These are the advantages that can be given, as long as the strategic plan of the company is studied and oriented to achieve certain objectives.
- Attract quality traffic. The person who visits the website is waiting to find the answer to your question: remember again the example of oranges and melons.
- Improve your visibility. The company appears with the terms that define any of its services when a person makes a query related to them.
- More visits. By showing relevant content with the searches that users perform, we can have a greater number of visitors to the web because content related to the search they have performed is offered.
- Compete with the greats. Good positioning can help the company to scale positions and be able to place itself among other larger companies of the competition.
- More durable positioning. If the content that has been created is of quality and corresponds to the services we offer, we can be on the first page for a long time. While it is true, that more and more companies are working on SEO that is why it is important to update the contents to keep the page in a high position in the table.
- It’s free! It is one of the best strategies to position your company in search engines, but the best thing is that you do not have to pay for it. If a content plan, keywords, dissemination in social media, etc., and we know how to use it, we can appear on the first page of the search engine for the modest price of € 0.